MindSea makes beautiful, ingenious apps that solve problems and delight users—we’re one of Canada’s most innovative companies, and we’re hiring!
Are you a talented and experienced UX Designer with a killer portfolio? Do you want to work with a skilled, fun team of developers and designers who work collaboratively to craft the strategy and look of new mobile products? If you’re the kind of designer that starts by asking the right questions and drawing on your knowledge of usability, interaction, and graphic and visual design—we want to talk to you. You should have a passion for mobile apps, an artistic eye, and a knack for reducing complex ideas to the essentials of simplistic design.
Join our team. Add to our unique start-up like culture. Build memorable apps that get featured by Apple, and used by people all over the world.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- AT LEAST three years of experience designing for mobile apps.
- Has a passion for mobile technology and stays on top of the latest app and design trends.
- Is well organized and has the ability to work with a creative team and directly with clients to deliver on a shared vision.
- Is a self-starter with the drive to push the creative envelope and a fine-tuned attention to detail.
Product Planning Responsibilities:
- Facilitating initial planning and strategy discussions with project stakeholders.
- Collaboratively capturing product requirements and key use cases.
- Working through strategy, goals and assumptions.
- Understanding of high-level technical considerations.
- Identify and facilitate improvements for existing products
Product Delivery Responsibilities:
- Design elegant solutions to complex mobile workflows.
- Develop UI wireframes outlining mobile product features and functionality.
- Work with developers to build interactive UX prototypes.
- Run user-testing sessions to test prototypes.
- Design polished mock ups of user interfaces.
- Work closely with clients, developers and other UX designers throughout the project.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work with remote and local team members.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Comfortable adapting to new tools.
- Strong writing skills.